Opening in our Kelowna office
We are seeking a self-motivated mechanical designer with a minimum of 10 years' experience in mechanical sustainable design. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing associated HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection project management and design.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented team player to join our highly successful Kelowna office location, whom is detail oriented and enjoys contributing to the success of the team in a progressive work environment.
The main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing layout and design
- Client management including attendance at project design meetings
- Detailed review of work performed by AutoCAD and Revit operators within the company's organizational quality management system
- Editing of plumbing, mechanical and fire protection specifications
- Detailed selection of plumbing, fire protection and mechanical equipment
- Familiarity with energy modelling targets, ASHRAE 90.1 and NECB requirements
- Dealing with construction related correspondence, construction administration and occasional field reviews
- Candidate must be able to manage projects from initial design (based on discussions with Senior Staff) detailed design and document production
- University degree, college/technology diploma in Mechanical/Building Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines
If you have a positive attitude and you possess the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Applicants must be entitled to work in Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume specifying Mechanical Designer position in our Kelowna office to Ainsley van Kleeck, Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
Return to Careers