Opening in our Vancouver office
Rocky Point Engineering is looking to employ a person to assist our managing principals with correspondence, appointments, and administrative tasks. In addition this is considered a ‘trusted’ position and as such executive assistants will be privy to confidential and sensitive situations, documentation and issues within our consulting business operations.
It is essential for our company and Vancouver operations that our new Executive Assistant have a strong organizational background, excellent communication skills and be adaptable in this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following key elementsl:
- Produces information such as marketing and proposal documentation by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Conserves executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information and initiating telecommunications
- Maintains executives’ appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Completes projects by assigning work to staff; following up on results
- Prepares reports by collecting relative information and analyzing data to suit project deliverables
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by business awareness, staff communication and involvement in our company’s vision and accomplishing related results as needed
- Basic book keeping duties such as posting payables, receivables and other miscellaneous items using accounting software.
- Handles the distribution of petty cash
- Being an essential part of a marketing strategy with a focus on winning and keeping clients resulting in higher revenues
- Any other roles or responsibilities a principal may require
Executive Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
The main responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following key elements:
- Proven experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior Executive Assistant or in other secretarial position
- Communications Skills: Proficiency in English. Discretion and confidentiality required
- Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and MS and Excel applications
- Writing Skills: High level verbal and written communications skills, business reporting skills, client communication, marketing and social media skills
- Accounting awareness with accurate invoicing, receivables and payables knowledge
- Organization: Exemplary planning and time management skills, time management and project scheduling and ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
Understanding our industry will be an asset.
Interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment are important in order to negotiate the various daily demands that are present.
If you have a positive attitude and you possess the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume specifying Executive Assistant position in the Vancouver office to Ainsley van Kleeck, Human Resources Administrator at email@example.com No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Point Engineering and we will review all resumes and cover letters received. We will be contacting only those applicants selected for an interview. Thank you again for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Return to Careers